Now that spring has arrived in Indianapolis and in most parts of the country, it’s time to open up the windows, air out the house, and get some much needed fresh air. Next step: spring cleaning!
From deep-cleaning the winter grime out of the carpets to washing windows, there’s a lot to do! Don’t worry though, we’ve put together a checklist to help you stay on track. If it still feels daunting, enlist expert help by calling Clean Quest LLC at (765) 349-1102. We’ve got the know-how and the equipment to help you get your spring cleaning done in no time.
Overall Cleaning and Maintenance
- Vacuum window screens, dust casings and wash windows and tracks.
- Clean or wash blinds and draperies.
- Dust all moldings, baseboards, ledges, tops of furniture, light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Vacuum all upholstered furniture, or schedule upholstery cleaning services.
- Disinfect light switches and door handles.
- Wipe down doors and walls as needed.
- Vacuum and wash heat registers.
- Change vacuum bag, clean or change furnace filters.
- Consider having your HVAC system serviced or your ducts cleaned.
- Drain hot water heater.
- Clean out washer and dryer, and vacuum out lint traps or have dryer vents cleaned.
- Check for bulges or stains on ceilings and walls; this can be a sign of water damage or mold damage, both of which need quick, professional attention.
- Wash out recycling boxes and trash pails.
- Test smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and your security system.
- Before starting on floors, move all the furniture out of the way.
- Sweep and wash hardwood floors and other hard surfaces.
- Vacuum or bash carpets.
- Hire experienced carpet cleaners to deep-clean the dirt and grime of winter out of your carpets, and have them remove spots and stains.
Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Deep-clean bathrooms.
- Launder shower curtains.
- Clean out medicine cabinets, and safely dispose of anything past its expiration date.
- Wash kitchen cabinets inside and out, reorganizing as you replace items into cupboards and drawers.
- Organize pantry and cupboards.
- Change water purification filters.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, both inside and out.
- Move appliances to wash behind, beneath, and around.
- Clean out the dishwasher trap.
By having a list, getting organized, and knowing when to call in the pros, your spring cleaning will be done in a flash, and you’ll be able to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Contact Clean Quest’s Indianapolis-area team today at (765) 349-1102 to schedule carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, or general house cleaning, or to request a free quote on any of our services.